Holiday Shipping 2015
630 million, 600 million and 317 million. Those are the number of packages UPS, USPS and FedEx respectively will be shipping this holiday season.
These numbers all represent increases over last year. For UPS, it’s a 10.3% increase, for the US Post Office, it’s 10.5% and for FedEx, the uptick is 12.4%.
The increase is primarily due to tremendous growth of E-commerce.
For those planning to ship gifts to loved ones, in order for cards, letters and packages to arrive within the United States by Dec. 25, FedEx, UPS and USPS recommend the following ship by dates:
E-commerce will boost UPS holiday package shipments by 10.3%, to 630 million from 572 million, between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve.
- Dec. 12: Last day to ship via FedEx SmartPost
- Dec. 17: Last day to ship via FedEx Home Delivery and FedEx Ground
- Dec. 20: Last day to ship via FedEx Express Saver
- Dec. 22: Last day to ship via FedEx 2Day and FedEx 2Day A.M.
- Dec. 23: Last day to ship via FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, and FedEx First Overnight
- Dec. 25: Last day to ship via FedEx SameDay
UPS Shipping Deadlines
- Dec. 22: Last day to ship via UPS 2nd Day Air
- Dec. 23: Last day to ship via UPS Next Day Air
U.S. Postal Service Deadlines
- Dec. 15: Last day to send packages via standard parcel post
- Dec. 20: Last day to send packages via First Class Mail & Priority Mail
- Dec. 23: Last day to send packages via Priority Express Mail
Shipping deadlines for packages headed to Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and other international destinations vary for all the carriers.
You’re Postal Connections store ships anywhere in the US and around the world using these and other carriers. Bring your items into your local PCA to ensure packaging that will protect your gift and provide the best choice of low cost shipping options.